Sunday, September 09, 2007


MR.PIP - THE COVER STORY

Following my story yesterday about the Mr.Pip covers the following was posted on my blog today:

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post

": I agree - it is really interesting looking at different cover designs by international publishers for the one novel. I was surprised to read Denis Welch in this week's culture vulture describing our cover as "downright dull". I beg to differ but, for my money, the stand-out dull-as-dishwater cover prize for Mister Pip must surely go to the Random House (US) edition (see www.misterpip.com). A truly unpickupable object if there ever was one. I think the John Murray (UK) solution is the best of all the editions I've seen so far. It balances loads of colour with a fitting sense of mystery and anticipated revelation.


And here is a blogger in the Guardian who is judging the Man Booker Prize by its covers!

I'll try and track down the UK and US covers, watch out for more in the next few days.

No comments: