Friday, March 03, 2017

CompleteMS manuscript assessment programme


3 March 2017

 

Do you have a completed draft of your manuscript ready to take to that next level?
 

Poetry, fiction, short fiction or non-fiction

 

Apply now for the New Zealand Society of Authors CompleteMS manuscript assessment programme 

 

The NZSA CompleteMS manuscript assessment programme is open for applications now. Thirteen successful applicants will receive essential critical feedback on an advanced work, moving it closer to publication.

CompleteMS is for writers who have completed a manuscript through a number of drafts and now require the objective view of an experienced assessor to provide a constructive critique.

Applications open 3 March. Deadline is 4pm 26 May

For more information and application forms

 

Here’s what two writers had to say about their 2016 CompleteMS assessment.

 "The assessor has shone a light on the issues with my manuscript that were holding me back. I couldn't see it clearly because I had got caught up in the details but the honest and also encouraging summary has shown me what I need to work on. I knew it wasn't quite right and now I know how to fix it."

"After the lone process of writing a novel it was so refreshing to have an experienced eye on my work. It really breathed life back into the redrafting process. I am excited to see what happens next.”

To apply for this professional development you need to be a member of the NZ Society of Authors, membership is $120 per annum. NZSA encourages applications from Māori, Pacific and Asian writers.

The CompleteMS Programme is made possible thanks to funding from Creative New Zealand.

 

 



For further information contact

Claire Hill 09 379 4801 office@nzauthors.org.nz

No comments: