Tuesday, September 13, 2016

The Murder Squad Takes On Dublin’s Mean Girls



Off the Shelf
By Elizabeth Breeden    |   Monday, September 12, 2016
 
When I made the decision to attend a women’s college, my male peers did not hesitate to tell me how unprepared I would be for the real world by missing out on the co-ed environment of a “normal” school. I was as shocked by their old-fashioned sexism and self-satisfied opinions as their utter lack of awareness.

Had they truly no idea that dealing with men would be a walk in the park after navigating societies of young women from the first sleepover to the first hallway huddle to the first inclusive joy that drives dreaded school cliques in the first place? A woman alone may be frightened, but women together can be terrifying. READ MORE

No comments: