In a year that has seen books dominating headlines thanks to blockbuster titles such as E.L. James’ 50 Shades of Grey and J.K. Rowling’s The Casual Vacancy, the awards acknowledge popular authors, established and new in ten categories.
The cream of the literary elite, including Salman Rushdie, Laurent Binet and Zadie Smith, have seen their works shortlisted alongside those of some of the UK’s most famous faces, including Clare Balding, Gok Wan, David Walliams and Mary Berry.
Winners will be presented by TV host Lorraine Kelly at a star-studded awards ceremony at London’s glamorous Mandarin Oriental Hotel on Tuesday 4 December. Highlights from the awards will be shown in Lorraine’s ITV1 show on Wednesday 5 December.
Crime Book of the Year available on iBookstore:
• A Wanted Man by Lee Child (Bantam Press)
• Kind of Cruel by Sophie Hannah (Hodder and Stoughton)
• A Question of Identity by Susan Hill (Chatto and Windus)
• The House of Silk by Anthony Horowitz (Orion Fiction)
• Perfect People by Peter James (Pan)
• Gods and Beasts by Denise Mina (Orion)
To read the shortlists for all categories link here.