Wednesday, February 03, 2010


NEW ZEALAND POPULAR PENGUINS

I had a rave about these on Summer Noelle on Radio NZ National earlier in the year. For me publication of these ten titles is one of the most exciting events on the publishing calendar in the first half of 2010.

The ten titles selected feature some of New Zealand’s finest ever novels – and the authors included reads like a who’s who of the NZ literary world. All are absolute Kiwi classics, with several award winning titles among them while others spawned some of the most successful-ever local movies.

The New Zealand release date is 1 March, (bargain price of only $12,95 each), and I'll have more to say about the individual titles closer to that date. Can't wait to get my hands on them, and as a bonus there are two titles I haven't previously read.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm not going to do Penguin the disservice of announcing the lineup before they do (I catalogued some of the preliminary records for the National Library), but I'm highly impressed by what they have planned. As I am by the whole Popular Penguins series - whoever convinced Penguin to do the series deserves a pat on the back.