Saturday, May 02, 2009

JILL DUPLEIX IN THE QANTAS MAGAZINE APRIL 2009

I had to make a trip to Christchurch on Thursday, down in the morning and back in the afternon. I normally fly with Air New Zealand but when I went online on Monday and found it was going to cost me $700 I switched to the Qantas website and found I could get there and back for $375.

On boarding the plane and waiting for all those intrusive, (bloody annoying), interminable, announcements about obeying the instructions of the crew and turning off mobile phones etc etc I picked up the inflight magazine and bingo, a bonus, a story by highly acclaimed food writer Jill Dupleix, (I am a great fan) , in which she transported me on a gourmet odessey through some of London's best providores, stopping for markets and foodhalls, foodie gifts, casual lunches and delectable picnic hampers.
I took the magazine home with me, removed these pages and they are now in my "Next Trip" folder in the office filing cabinet.
Thanks Jill, and thanks Qantas for the magazine and for getting me to and from Christchurch at a reasonable cost.

No comments: