Wednesday, May 06, 2009

BLUE BOOKS & FICTION

Paul Reynolds seeks your help.............

This might be a tad on the esoteric side - however NZ Archives have an interesting new digitization project on the NZ Blue Books .
I'm curious if there are any examples of New Zealand novels, or early works which used the NZ blue books in the same way that 19th century authors did? I have asked my library friends? I wondered if any of your readers might have some clues?
The story and the context is at http://www.peoplepoints.co.nz/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

19th century authors (novelists?) using the NZ Blue Books? Very surprised if they could have got access to the BBs - they were in manuscript form and held with the Governors' records...
Early printed statistics, possibly, but so far as I know the Stats Department and organised printing of statistics was comparatively late in 19th century