Wednesday, December 17, 2014

'Buy Every Book You Read Next Year from a Bookshop'

Shelf Awareness

"I claim to love books; and, more than that, to love bookshops. Yet for eight years I have poured money into a company that many booksellers regard as the greatest threat to their survival.... It is the time of year to make resolutions. You could resolve to eat less, or jog more. Or you could join me in making a simple pledge: to buy every book you read next year from a bookshop. I don't know about you, but Amazon has had quite enough of my money already."


--Laura Freeman in a piece for the Daily Mail headlined "Why I'm boycotting Amazon"



BookBar's 'Top 15 Reasons Why Books Make the Best Gifts'

"Gluten, nut, dairy, calorie and fat free." That's just one of the "top 15 reasons why books make the best gifts" offered by the helpful crew at BookBar, Denver, Colo.

No comments: