An incredible journey of
Publication date: 16 October 2017, rrp: $59.99,
978 186953 963 4, hardback 235 x 292 mm, 240 pp
Full colour illustrations throughout. Bateman.
It crosses boundaries between land and sea to present the Pacific Ocean, its many wild and wondrous inhabitants, and the people who live on and around it as you’ve never seen them before.
- companion book to the spectacular Natural History NZ-produced four-part Prime TV series
- illustrated in full colour with stunning Ultra HD images from the television series
- spellbinding storytelling of a realm teeming with exotic life, rarely seen up close
- a window on some of the wonders of the Pacific Ocean and the interactions people have with it
- it looks at the Pacific in the context of what’s happening today, the longstanding interactions with people and the much greater impact people are having on the Pacific today
- as New Zealanders, we live in the middle of the Pacific, we play on the Pacific, we holiday around it, we harvest its bounty and sometimes we abuse it