Sunday, April 02, 2017

An Independent Bookseller Shares Her Favorite Books



Off the Shelf
 
By Annie Philbrick    |   Thursday, March 30, 2017
Over the course of a year, I read about 150 books and keep track of them in a small Shinola notebook. My favorite genre to read is fiction. I love getting lost in a story, getting to know a character, sometimes not even liking that character, and watching the words move across a page. Having owned Bank Square Books for almost 11 years and Savoy Bookshop & Cafe for one, I am inundated with advance reading copies each day, and have my pick of the crop. I love getting a bound manuscript from an editor with a note of love for the book. And I am ghastly afraid of being on an airplane with nothing to read after having finished what I brought. READ MORE

No comments: