Make the Perfect Pitch – Application Form
Pitching to publishers, journals and magazines is an art. In this National Writers Forum first, you have the chance to pitch and win a one-on-one session with a publisher during the Forum.
Leading publishers and editors from New Zealand will assess the best pitches made to them. Have you done your research and identified the best platform / participating party for your work? Is your synopsis selling your story?
This is a competition suitable for early to mid-career writers who are looking to extend their submission skills and be in to win an in-depth conversation on where to next. Open to all relevant genre and all writing projects (please see the list of publishers who are assessing submissions).
- Duncan Greive, The Spinoff
- Harriet Allan, Penguin Random House
- Kevin Chapman, Upstart Press
- James Frankham, New Zealand Geographic*
- Melanie Laville-Smith, Allen & Unwin
- Tom Rennie, BWB Books*
- Mandy Brett, TEXT publishing