Friday, February 14, 2014

Lily Cole: Vogue Model, Bookshop Owner

Shelf Awareness

British model Lily Cole is co-owner of the Claire de Rouen Bookshop on Charing Cross Road in London's Soho district, and calls it "the best thing she owns," the Evening Standard reported.

Cole became involved in the bookshop, which specializes in photography and fashion, after the death of its founder. With the store facing closure in 2011, Cole's friend Lucy Moore was asked to take over, but couldn't afford to, and Cole stepped in to help. Moore "did not mean to present an idea but I was like, 'I would love to help you keep a beautiful little bookshop alive,' " Cole said. "Every time... I walk by, I come upstairs and I look around and see what is new and open and find new treasures and discoveries, I feel so proud to be part of it."

No comments: