Saturday, June 20, 2009

Mark Booth resigns from Century after 21 years

Mark Booth has resigned after 21 years at the imprint. He says in the announcement, "I've had a wonderfully happy twenty one years, but I think I've done as much as a chap can do. I pride myself on being a bit unpredictable and I hope that the plans I am going to reveal shortly will raise a few eyebrows."

In a release from Cornerstone Division MD, Susan Sandonit, the appointment was also announced of Arrow Publishing Director Kate Elton as Publisher of both Century and Arrow.
The statement praised Booth's "considerable success as an acquiring editor" who has made "a terrific contribution both to Cornerstone and to Random House. He has always been a trendsetter and the publisher of titles as diverse as the autobiographies of Auberon Waugh and Derek Jarman to the Chris Ryan thrillers and Katie Price's novels."

No comments: