Saturday, September 05, 2015

Noted childern's bookshop sold

Sheila Sinclair writes:

Yesterday I rang Dorothy Butler, to let her know that I had sold her beloved bookshop to new owners.

After sixteen years, initially with business partner Kath Crabb, and after Kath's retirement as sole owner, I am handing over, from 8 September, to new owners Mary and Helen Wadsworth, of Point Chevalier Bookshop and Resource Room.

I am delighted that this iconic independent children's bookshop, which I believe is the last still operating in our biggest city, will continue in their safe hands. I hope that Helen and Mary will enjoy their guardianship as much as I have.

With the sale of my Auckland business and the sale in April this year of The Children's Bookshop, Christchurch to the wonderful Mary Sangster, all that remains is to say a big thank you to the many people who I have met during my twenty seven years in the book trade. It has been a privilege to work with loyal, dedicated and knowledgeable staff, meet other booksellers, publishers and of course fabulous authors and illustrators.

Sheila Sinclair

Retired, but not from books

No comments: