Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Authors for Japan fundraiser live now

Further to my post on this yesterday -
Posted by Diane Chen on March 15th, 2011

Go to the website http://authorsforjapan.wordpress.com/ and start bidding. It’s live now.

This website and fundraiser is fascinating to watch. Not only have I honed my skills bidding in UK pounds instead of U.S. dollars*, but I’ve discovered some British bloggers and activities worth watching. For example,I have my eyes on 9: Atom prize pack from The Bookette (because I love YA literature and would like that House of Night tote bag. Reading the bio of the donator, I learned that:

The Bookette is Becky, a UK school librarian who is passionate about YA fiction. Since August 2009, she has been reviewing all the YA and Pre-Teen fiction that she reads and the occasional adult title and picture book. She also hosts contests and spotlights her favourite pre-release books. Becky is hosting the British Books Challenge to encourage other bloggers to review books by British authors. You can find out more about the challenge HERE.

No comments: