Thursday, March 01, 2007






STUNNING POSTER ADVERTISING BY WHITCOULLS






I came across this is Symonds Street, Auckland today. Contractors have fenced the front of a large commercial buidling that they are renovating and Whitcoulls have decorated the fence with some of the best public advertising I've ever seen.

This fellow was also there admiring the "art".



These pics were taken on my tiny digital camera with the sun in the wrong place but they will suffice to give you an idea of how effective it is, standing beside the fence you could swear you were in a bookshop or library.

And its about 70 metres or so long!



That is my trusty Vespa!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This streetside hoarding is brilliant advertising. Having seen it while out walking just on daylight it was a pleasure and a surprise to see such a huge and colourful array of books. Well done Whitcoulls in only placing your logo in very small print, letting the books do the talking. I will be back to read some of the titles when there's more light!!
The Nordic Walker

Anonymous said...

Thanks Bookman. As a result of your piece my partner and I went across to Symonds St on Sunday and had a look. Gosh, it is just great, I hope all book loving Aucklanders will make the effort to go and have a look. Brilliant.